New Discussion юеВ

swinstall non interactive session

SOLVED
Go to solution
catastro
Super Advisor

swinstall non interactive session

Hi to all.
I want to make the installation of several patches and bundles in some servers through the net with the swinstall in non interactive. I perform this comand:

swinstall -x autoreboot=true -x ask=false -x match_target=true -v -s /directory/

I also tried without some of these options but always tells me something like one of this:

NOTE: The match operation failed to find software in the source that matches software on the target.

ERROR: There is currently no depot software on host "triana" at ocation "/var/tmp/sw/". Make sure that an absolute pathname is specified for location (beginning with "/").

And when I do the swinstall -s /var/tmp/ it works fine and not says anything at all.
Anyone can help me to solve this task?
Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4
Ivan Krastev
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: swinstall non interactive session

For all swinstall (local or remote) you must specify product name for installation :

swinstall -s /path/to/depot Product

For network operation first register depot on remote server and add all (with swcopy)products/bundles/pathces in that depot.

After that use:

swinstall -s server:/depot product

to perform installations.
This is best way for multiply installations.

regards,
ivan
catastro
Super Advisor

Thanks a lot it helped me.
It worked finally I didn├В┬┤t know where was the problem, and finally got that I was not registering my depot in the servers.
Just one more question, can I tell the swinstall to install more than one patch that is in one bundle?
Thanks a lot
Ivan Krastev
Honored Contributor

You can use \* for all patches in bundle. See man swinstall.

regards,
ivan
catastro
Super Advisor

Thanks a lot for your help