1753971 Members
7669 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

system kind of hung

Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

system kind of hung

This is new to me. I have an 11.31 i2 blade server that is somewhat hung up. I cannot use vi. I cannot use glance, nor ioscan. they just hang. I ran truss with glance and it just goes to sleep. Top, sar, and other things work fine. Memory looks all right, and cpu use looks low. Any ideas?
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"
4 REPLIES 4
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: system kind of hung

Hi Court:

Are any filesystems (particularly '/tmp' and/or '/var') out of space?

Regards!

...JRF...
chris huys_4
Honored Contributor

Hi Court,

TOC the system. And hope crashdump has been setup decently. ;)

Greetz,
Chris
Hakki Aydin Ucar
Honored Contributor

is your /midaemon running ?
ps -ef | grep /opt/perf/bin/midaemon

Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

Issue was with /dev/config. Looks like an rsm job had a lock on /dev/config. I tried killing the job, but no doing. The process did not want to die. Anyway, anything that tried to read that file went to sleep. I had to reboot the server. All is good now. I do find it strange that vi would need to read /dev/config. Go figure.
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"