3529 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

t5735 Linux NIC problem

SIM Junior
Occasional Advisor

t5735 Linux NIC problem

Hello,

I am setting up some t5735 thin clients for our company but during testing I have found the fibre card we are using (allied telesyn AT-2711) keep losing their network connection at various times.

The following error message is displayed in the syslog:

NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth1: transmit timed out

tg3: eth1: transmit timed out, resetting

tg3: tg3_stop_block timed out, ofs=2c00 enable_bit=2

I have installed the latest bios update and am running kernel 2.6.18-6-686, which again is the latest from HP.

To resolve I have to take the interface down and back up, but this needs to be resolved before rolling out to users.

Any ideas what could be causing this issue?

Many thanks,

Ryan
4 REPLIES 4
rick jones
Honored Contributor

Re: t5735 Linux NIC problem

Tsk tsk tsk, not buying a NIC from HP ?-) Seriously though if you use another NIC model - even one driven by the tg3 driver - do you get the same behaviour?

How "new" is your tg3 driver? I suspect there could have been many changes to it since a 2.6.18 based kernel.
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows
SIM Junior
Occasional Advisor

:-), I wasen't aware HP had a ST fibre card to fit in Thin Client!?

The tg3 version installed is 3.65, where can I find the latest version?

I haven't tried any other cards yet, as we ordered the boxes with these cards installed and i really would want to get this working.

Thanks.
rick jones
Honored Contributor

My initial answer to "where to find the latest tg3 driver" was "the latest upstream kernel" but somehow I doubt that helps much - although trying an upstream kernel isn't necessarily a bad thing I suppose if you have the cycles.

My next answer was to be "check broadcom.com" since the tg3 driver drives chips from them. I'm not 100% certain they are the official tg3 maintainers though they may distribute bits for it.
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows
mikedlong
Occasional Contributor

The issue is with the TG3 itself. If you're still having issues please let me know and I'll forward the instructions to reset it...