Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

touchpad & notebook

Eduardo Ligeiro
Valued Contributor

touchpad & notebook

dear linuxers ...

as i know u r more familiar with drivers development/devices characteristics, i come here to ask for help.

i apologyze, cause it is not the right room to place it, but i trust in your knowledge and effort to solve problems :)

well .. i have an acer extensa 710T notebook and as i installed windows 2000 professional, the touchpad is not recognized !!!

and worst, acer ignores me, tells me the driver is not available.

as i try to add new hardware under win2k, it neither shows me the pointing devices option.

can anyone help me?? i REALLY need to use the touchpad.

thks in advance.

have u experienced Conectiva Linux ??
i'm a brazilian certified professional.
if u ever need any info about it, i'll be there
There's nothing a computer can do a man can't think
1 REPLY
tony j. podrasky
Valued Contributor

Re: touchpad & notebook

I suggest contacting the website of the manufacturer of the notebook and seeing if they have a down-loadable driver for the touchpad.

regards,
tonyp
REMEMBER: Once you eliminate your #1 problem, #2 gets a promotion.