Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unix

SOLVED
Go to solution
pillai
Occasional Contributor

unix

how do I find information about the unix
server my database is on?

Is there a command that I could use to find out which class of machine, how much memory,
no of cpu's, disk space it has?

Any advise will be appreciated.
4 REPLIES
Sebastian Galeski_1
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: unix

HI
use:
bdf - filesystem space
model - machine
uname -a : OS information
ioscan -fn : hardware
swlist - software

regards Seba
Stefan Farrelly
Honored Contributor

xstm is the best tool to use for all of these. Its part of the Online Diagnostics (which should be installed on your server). Its in /usr/sbin. Its a GUI so export your DISPLAY variable then run it. It will give you a graphical picture (icons) for all your hardware; memory, cpu's, disks. you can double click on any of them for exact info on each one (size etc.)
Im from Palmerston North, New Zealand, but somehow ended up in London...
Sebastian Galeski_1
Trusted Contributor

Once again:
dmesg - will show you few nice information,
and if You have installed Ignite-UX there is fine command:
#/opt/ignite/bin/print_manifest
which give You a lot of information at once.

regards seba
pillai
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for this information it is proving to be quite useful. I am just comparing 2 machines.
1 seems to a S class and the other a R390. I need to scan this site to see what the spec differences are for these 2 machines.