Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/usr/lib/dld.sl: can't shl_load() a library containing Thread Local Storage:/ usr/lib/libpthread.1

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mark Foo_1
Occasional Visitor

/usr/lib/dld.sl: can't shl_load() a library containing Thread Local Storage:/ usr/lib/libpthread.1

I'm using perl DBD for Oracle (8.1.7). When I 'make test', error msg is:

/usr/lib/dld.sl: can't shl_load() a library containing Thread Local Storage: /usr/lib/libpthread.1

I understand HPUX does not allow dynamic loading of thread local storage. Is there a way to overcome this prob?

2 REPLIES
Thomas Kollig
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: /usr/lib/dld.sl: can't shl_load() a library containing Thread Local Storage:/ usr/lib/libpthread.1

Mark Foo_1
Occasional Visitor

Re: /usr/lib/dld.sl: can't shl_load() a library containing Thread Local Storage:/ usr/lib/libpthread.1

My original Perl ver. was 5.06. After I downgraded to Perl 5.005 ver, I'm able to 'make test' without prob, tks.