5090 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: vSphere 4 and Continuous Access EVA

Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

vSphere 4 and Continuous Access EVA

Please have a look at this thread...

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Storage-Area-Networks-SAN/EVA-Continuous-Access-and-vSphere4/td-p/5702349

Let me know if you have any thoughts, comments, suggestions, links, etc.

Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
4 REPLIES 4
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello, we did disaster recovery solution in completelly different way - via storage virtualization.
We have Falconstor NSS virtualization layer spread between 2 sites with online replication between different storages (Eva6000<->EMC CX4), Vmware (and other host system) simply see Falconstor storage, no need for SRM or other failover/failback tools. In case of storage failure everything simply runs from survived storage, in cas of site failure we use Vmware HA - which simply restarts VMs on running site, this is acceptable downtime for us.

Jan
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Thanks Jan.  I am familiar with FalconStor.  I have a few customers that use it.

Unfortunately, this customer is stuck with what they have for now.  I find it hard to believe that there is no one out there doing this or something similar to my current environment.  I think since the transition to the new forums... there has been a big dip in activity... or at least it seems that way.

Steven Clementi
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
RHCE
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello Steven, you are absolutelly right, last year there is big loss in activity here, i do not even see many of old "gurus" here... and I really think there are hundreds of similar instalations around forum users...

but to you post:

I assume you've asked Vmware support about "Inquiry Only" settings?

Jan

Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

I have some internal people at HP working on it at the moment, since the hardware is HP.  Ill hit up VMware if that falls through... or takes any longer than the time I am allowing for it.

Though now that you mention it... I don't think I fully scavenged the VMware forums.  I'll probably hit them up today.

Steven Clementi
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
RHCE