Operating System - Microsoft
1753743 Members
4967 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: vbscript or perl script to import workflow processes in siebel automatically (xml files)

Shabu Khan_1
Advisor

vbscript or perl script to import workflow processes in siebel automatically (xml files)

Hi,
I am tasked with automating importing of workflow processes (basically .xml files) to a siebel application. There are about 60 of these xml files (stored locally in my hard drive) that need to be imported (uploaded) to siebel via the siebel application.

I looked at a few on the internet like Macro Scheduler etc but I think this could be done through vbscript or perl ?

Have anyone come across such a scenario ? I was wondering if there are scripts (vbscript or perl) out there already that someone is using that could be beneficial to me ?

I also need directions on how to invoke the script etc ..

Currently this is done manually and it is a painful process ...

There is a drop down "Import workflow Process" within siebel (siebel 7.5 through Internet Explorer browser) and then that pops up the 'workflow Process import - Microsoft Internet Explorer' window that has the 'browse' button where you select the location of your xml file and also there is a import and cancel button in that window.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shabu

P.S. this thread has been moved from from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards > Windows based to Microsoft > general. - Hp Forum moderator

5 REPLIES 5
Shabu Khan_1
Advisor

Re: vbscript or perl script to import workflow processes in siebel automatically (xml files)

Also, I can import these xml files into the application only one at a time, so that basically means I've to do that 60 times if there are 60 xml files ...

Thanks,
Shabu
Margaret Rood_1
Advisor

Just to ask the obvious dumb question, but have you ruled out there being a command line utility for importing the files?

Margaret
Shabu Khan_1
Advisor

Thanks for the response !

Yeah ... there isn't any command line utility that I could use (as a matter of fact there are a couple 'srvrmgr' and 'srvredit' utilities that siebel provides, but that doesn't have the the import xml files functionality unfortunately) ..

Thanks,
Shabu
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor

I think you would have better luck with one of the siebel forums:

http://siebel.ittoolbox.com/groups/

Ron
Shabu Khan_1
Advisor

Thanks Ron !

I'll try that forum as well ...

-Shabu