1753779 Members
7791 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

vpmon hangs

Dennis Carrillo
Occasional Contributor

vpmon hangs

Is there anyway to reset the Virtual Monitor without having to reset the virtual partition. Periodically, when cycling through the VPARs with Ctrl-A, I'll get to a partition where the virtual console hangs. Would reseting the MP resolve the problem?
4 REPLIES 4
HGN
Honored Contributor

Re: vpmon hangs

Hi

I have seen this happen in our environment, some of the reasons could be the network should be set to 10 half (our problem got fixed after changing on the switch end)make the changes on the MP also.

Hope this helps.

Rgds

HGN
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

What version of vPars are you running? If you're at vPars 2.01 - then that's one of the problems at that release. Get to vPars 2.02 at least or vPars 2.03 or 3.01.

I start up vpmon from any vPars bootdisks without any problem.
Hakuna Matata.
Saravanan_15
Advisor

Hi Dennis,
Is it really your VPMON got hunged or your console terminal got hunged?. If the console terminal got hunged, you can try to reset the MP & check it.. it may help you.
If the VPMON itself hunged, you have to restart the whole partition. That's the main drawback of vpar compared to npar.
From your query, if you are getting console of one vpar and not for other vpar means, obviously it's not a VPMON problem. It might be a virtual console of that particular vpar got hunged.For this, you need to restart the vpar.

Regards,
Saravanan M
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

As Nelson has statd, check your version of vpars.
If yiou are on A.02.01 this is no longer supported.
The current latest release is A.03.02
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!