1751819 Members
4937 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: what's with err 404

K.C. Chan
Trusted Contributor

what's with err 404

I am running konqueror version 2.2.x, when trying to assign points to users in this forum I am getting: "404 Object Not Found". Is this a bug or do I have to do something to my konqueror browser? Thanks.
Reputation of a thousand years can be determined by the conduct of an hour
8 REPLIES 8
Charles Slivkoff
Respected Contributor

You might try changing the "User Agent" to have konqueror to report a different identifier. I had problems with Opera in the past & telling Opera to report as IE took care of if.

K.C. Chan
Trusted Contributor

chuck it doesn't work, i've tried changing to diff type of browser id but it just doesn't work. IE, mozilla, netscape and so on ...
Kimberly Ann
Honored Contributor

Hi Michael,

Regarding "404 Page Cannot Be Found" error pages, these are a general error message that may be due to a number of issues that are impacting the return of requested pages. Things I've seen include current worldwide internet traffic, problems with the ITRC network and servers, problems with the user's internet service provider or network connection, reference to an incorrect URL, and the web browser you are using.

Currently, I have not been experiencing any 404 error issues nor have others been reported. Is it possible to try another browser or machine on your same network connection? Again, it could be a number of things.

Regards,
Dan
K.C. Chan
Trusted Contributor

Dan, I've tried konqueror at home and at work, to no avail I am still getting the 404 err. Howerever if I start up mozilla and used it to assign points to my peers, it works. It's just that crapping out on Konqueror even when I change the browser id on to emulate Netscape, Mozilla, etc .... Any idea? Thanks.
Jeffrey S. Sims
Trusted Contributor

Michael,

I was having the same problem with Konqueror browser. I enabled java for some other page and also javascripts and plugins and now the point system works fine with knoqueror. I am using konqueror 2.2.2
K.C. Chan
Trusted Contributor

it's doens't seem to work for me when I've enable javascript, plugings, and java globally. heres's what I got for java executable path: "/usr/local/java/bin/" does this look right? Thanks.
K.C. Chan
Trusted Contributor

I've update to RH 7.3 and now konqueror 3.0 still gives me 404 err when I am trying to assigns points. Yes, I've turned on java (j2skd1.4), plugins, and javascript. I think the err is in the javascript. For some reasons javascript on Konqueror is puking. Does any know how to work around this? Thanks.
K.C. Chan
Trusted Contributor

Does this have to do with DCOP not allowing certain script to be run? If so how do I check it and enable all functionality in javascript? Thanks.