Operating System - HP-UX
1752785 Members
5941 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: where can I find statspack for oracle 817?

SOLVED
Go to solution
faust2004
Regular Advisor

where can I find statspack for oracle 817?

Hi , experts,
In my oracle server (817 on hp 11.0), there is no statspack . I find the statspack for oracle 816 on web, and installed it . but oracle recommand use for 817.
where can I find statspack for oracle 817?

Thanks
Sunny

5 REPLIES 5
Andrew S Babb
Advisor
Solution

The scripts are prefixed with sp* and are shipped with the database and installed under $OH/rdbms/admin.

Hope this helps
Aashish Raj
Valued Contributor

Hi,

To install statspack, First run $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/spcreate.sql as sys user using sqlplus .
This script will ask for default tablespace and temporary tablespace for user perfstat.
This user is created by this script with default password of perfstat.
Do not specify system as default tabelspace otherwise script will exit with error.
Change the password of perfstat after this script runs successfully.
Now you can create begin and end snapshots by connecting as perfstat user and executing
statspack.snap .

To generate the report, run $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/spreport.sql and provide begin and end snapshot id.

AR
faust2004
Regular Advisor

Thanks
I have alreadly install statapack(for 816)
on 817server , but I wish to get statapack(for
817), as my oracle server is 817.

could you attached the statapack(for
817) for me.

Thanks
SUnny
faust2004
Regular Advisor

sorry, Andrew,
I didnot read you replay carefully.
and now I foud the sp* file of statspack.

thanks
Sunny

Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hello,

a few notes about statspack.
----------------------------------------------
stats pack shows you the top sql across all applications. statspack shows you the major wait events in the system -- typically it takes application level changes to reduce major wait events, especially enqueues (locks) and latch.
statspack shows you your soft parse ratio (which had better be darn close to 100%). if it isn't -- only application level changes can fix it. it shows you your parse/execute ratio, which should approach zero. again, something only an application level fix can correct.... and so on.
----------------------------------------------

About timing.
--------------
(where are data points collected and how far apart they are)
It is suprising to many that the data points do not have to be far apart from each other. They only have to span a normal range of activity. A StatsPack report generated with a 15 minutes window is as valid as one with a one-hour window (or an even larger timeframe).

In fact, as the window gets larger, it may be more difficult to come to definitive conclusions given the raw numeric data.

(For more notes about StatsPack, please consider reading chapter 10 of "Expert one-on-one Oracle by Tom Kyte - http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/z?p_url=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1861004826&p_cat=BOOK&p_company=10)

Hope this help.

Best regards
Yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)