108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

where to buy software?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jesse Dougherty
Honored Contributor

where to buy software?

Can anyone tell me where I can buy B3899BA C/ANSI (LTU S700 - workstation version) for HP-UX 10.20? The version is A.10.32.30 of C/ANSI. All I can
find on hp.com is C/ANSI for 11.00 & 11i's which I cant use, only the version for 10.20.

any assistance would be much appreciated
Jesse(at)cypress-tech
12 REPLIES 12
Senthil Kumar .A_1
Honored Contributor

Re: where to buy software?

Hi,

Check this link,

http://h20293.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/searchProducts.do

Regards,
Senthil Kumar .A
Let your effort be such, the very words to define it, by a layman - would sound like a "POETRY" ;)
Senthil Kumar .A_1
Honored Contributor

oops sorry,

I guess sent the link you have already visited. Ignore please...

Regards,
Senthil Kumar .A
Let your effort be such, the very words to define it, by a layman - would sound like a "POETRY" ;)
DCE
Honored Contributor
Solution

Jeese,

If you have a set of 10.20 application disks, I believe the product is on one of them. Talk with your HP rep and see if you can purchase a license that will give you a authorization to obtain the codeword to unlock the product.
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

I doubt that anything for 10.20 is available for purchase any more since it has been out of support for several years now.
DCE
Honored Contributor

Yes - it is out of support, but why not purchase a license for a supported product i.e. 11.00, and once you have a license get the keyword for the 10.20 cd's?
Jesse Dougherty
Honored Contributor

Is the codeword for the C/ANSI dev the same regardless of the OS its purchased for?
DCE
Honored Contributor

Jesse,

The codeword is specific to the cd the prodcut is located.

You ask for a codeword for the product located on the september 2001 cd's, for example....

Dave
Jesse Dougherty
Honored Contributor

So the answer would be no. the code word I would get if I bought (example) C/ANSI for HP-UX 11.00 march 2004 would not unlock the software if I applied it to HP-UX 10.20 December 2001.

It would seem that HP probably wouldn't make it that easy to have all of the codeword the same.

so.... since the HP-UX 10.20 is out of support and I cant use any other operating system other than 10.20 and B3899BA C/ANSI is only currently available for purchase for the 11.00/11i operating systems.

how does one obtain code word for software that's no sold anymore? Can I just use the same code word from another user with the same operating system version?
DCE
Honored Contributor

Jesse,

Would you not be able to call the codeword site and ask for the codeword for the 10.20 cd's? If you have a valid license they should give it to you regardless of the OS version. People have been known to misplace codewords and have to have to have them re-issued.(like when an unmirrored root disk goes down)