108762 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: winsock apps ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sharfuddin
Frequent Advisor

no prblm Antoniov. and Thanks for ur reply.

May i ask another question plz

IS ISA a simple/traditional proxy server or SOCKS Proxy server ? or in other words ISA is a simple Proxy server ? or SOCKS Proxy server ?

If my proxy server is SOCKS Proxy server then should i have to configure my browser and other network-apps(like msn messenger)to use socks proxy server ?.
e.g. for messenger

msn-messenger->Tools->Options->Connections->I use a proxy server->Type->SOCK version 4/5

and for Internet Explorer
Tools->Internet Options->Connections->LAN Settings->Advance->Socks: server ip : port#

Best Regards
Sharfuddin

Thomas Bianco
Honored Contributor

ISA can be configured to be either a Socks proxy or a HTTP proxy. out of the box i believe it is Socks4.3
There have been Innumerable people who have helped me. Of course, I've managed to piss most of them off.
Sharfuddin
Frequent Advisor

Hi Thomas

Many Thanks for suport so far.
MaY I ask how can I configure ISA as SOCKS Proxy server ? I mean could u plz only point out the Options, I have to enable so that ISA becomes/works as SOCKS Proxy server ?
and DID u mean ISA is by default a SOCKS Proxy server ?
Sharfuddin
Frequent Advisor

Plz ignore the above msg, it was'nt complete.

Hi Thomas

Many Thanks for suport so far.
MaY I ask how can I configure ISA as SOCKS Proxy server ? I mean could u plz only point out the Options, I have to enable so that ISA becomes/works as SOCKS Proxy server ?
and DID u mean ISA is by default works as a Tradittional Proxy(HTTP?FTP Proxy) server ? and not a SOCKS Proxy Server, by default.... and one must have to enable some option(s) so that ISA works as a SOCKS Proxy Server ?