4035 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

xserver problem..

Zishan
Regular Advisor

xserver problem..

Hi all,
My xserver software (xming) was working fine on my HP-UX V3. But x-manager throws the error XDCMP connection failed.
I issue the follwing command on my Unix server by reading a thread

netstat -an | grep '10.1.0.45.6000'

after this my xming (which is working before) is not working after i set the "export DISPLAY 10.1.0.45:0.0).

Any help would be appreciated.
Regards,
Zishan

8 REPLIES 8
Horia Chirculescu
Honored Contributor

Re: xserver problem..

Hello,

Your Xming server is up and running? Do you have any firewall blocking connections between your HP-UX and the XServer?

You can test the connection like this:

connect to HP-UX (through SSH/telnet/whatever) and issue

telnet 10.1.0.45 6000

You should get a connection if the setup is Ok.

Best regards
Horia.
Best regards from Romania,
Horia.
Johnson Punniyalingam
Honored Contributor

>>throws the error XDCMP connection failed.<<

what error ??

Problems are common to all, but attitude makes the difference
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

If you use XDCMP to set up your X connection, this means your workstation will first attempt to connect to the HP-UX system's port TCP/177.

If the XDCMP service is enabled, the dtlogin process will be listening on that port and will set up an X connection and begin the GUI login procedure.

> netstat -an | grep '10.1.0.45.6000'

This command will look for already-existing X connections to workstation at IP address 10.1.0.45. If your XDCMP connection fails, you don't have a X connection, so the command should return nothing.

If 10.1.0.45 is not the IP address of your workstation, setting DISPLAY to 10.1.0.45:0.0 is not going to do anything useful.

In HP-UX 11.31, the dtlogin is not enabled in the default installation. You may have to install some extra filesets from your HP-UX 11.31 installation DVDs to enable it. See the HP-UX 11.31 Release Notes.

MK
MK
Zishan
Regular Advisor

Hello Horia,
Yes xming server is up. And now its working. My problem is now when I m going to install oracle database throgh "Daatabase Configuration Assistant" dbca it struck at the end. I want to know the error log where it is lcoation in "Hp Unix" why and where it is struck?
-Another xmanager throws an error "XDCMP connection failed".I want to run Xmanager due to its error log availability.

Any help would be appreaciated.

Regards,
Horia Chirculescu
Honored Contributor

>want to know the error log where it is lcoation in "Hp Unix" why and where it is struck?

According to:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14100_14/install.1012/install/ts.htm#BABDGGBH

"
The configuration assistants write log files in the ORACLE_HOME/cfgtoollogs directory.

Note that if you want to access the log files created by the configuration assistants, you need to exit the installer first. The log files are inaccessible if the installer is still in use.
"

Horia.
Horia.
Zishan
Regular Advisor

Hello Horia,

I exit the DBCA but there is no error fle created regarding DBCA there.

Regards,
Horia Chirculescu
Honored Contributor

Do you have this directory:

ORACLE_HOME\cfgtoollogs\

?

Check the permissions (just to be sure chmod -R a+rw cfgtoollogs)

Horia?
Horia.
Horia Chirculescu
Honored Contributor

Here it is a list with all the logs availlable

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B15905_03/install.1012/install/config_assistants.htm#BEIIIICE

Horia.
Horia.