Operating System - Linux
1753665 Members
5453 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ze4416ea HorizSync and VertRefresh

Denis Junior Tosoni

ze4416ea HorizSync and VertRefresh

Hi, I want to now the proper values of HorizSync and VertRefresh for lcd installed on my laptop pavillion ze4416ea.Plus, what is the proper value of gamma correction for this lcd?Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Mark Grant
Honored Contributor

Re: ze4416ea HorizSync and VertRefresh

You will find a range of horizontal sync and vertical refresh rates in the manual of your screen. You should have your settings the same as this range.

However, have you tried

Option "DPMS"

This might work and saves all that nasty mucking about with resolution and dot clocks.
Never preceed any demonstration with anything more predictive than "watch this"
Denis Junior Tosoni

The manual shipped with my laptop don't have the specified range of values for lcd.Where i can find them?
Mark Grant
Honored Contributor

I can't find these details with a google search. You might need to contact the manufacturer.
Never preceed any demonstration with anything more predictive than "watch this"
Bruce Copeland
Trusted Contributor

You shouldn't need the HorizSync and VertRefresh for a ze4000/ze5000 notebook. Use

ModelName "Generic Laptop Display Panel 1024x768"
Option "dpms"

in your Monitor section. (Replace 1024x768 with whatever top resolution your LCD supports.) You also need to have

Driver "radeon"
Option "DPMS"

in your Device section. Depending on what distribution you are using, 3D/DRI probably won't be available, but with some additional work it is possible to get 3D/DRI.

Bruce

Denis Junior Tosoni

Why i don't need it? my lcd is detect from bios as non ddc laptop display, and standard ranges are give to it.In addiction i've already set full dri rendering via drm-trunk on debian unstable, my only problem now is vga out that seems don't work.