Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

21st Century Teaching with the Cloud: A Podcast for Educators

Stephen_Spector

martyneuhard.jpg

Marty Neuhard is a an HP Cloud Engineer who happens to spend his free time as an Adjunct Lecturer at Binghamton University in Vestal, NY for Basics in Web Application Development.  Students in this course leverage their own equipment to learn the fundamentals of web development and are expected to build customized websites as part of the learning experience.

Marty faced a common and difficult task of ensuring that each student’s equipment was able to meet the class requirements as well as accessing the code locked on their machines. After his first semester, Marty turned to HP Public Cloud as a way to securely and efficiently deliver each student a golden image for development thereby eliminating the equipment requirements issues as well as access to student source code.

Listen to the Podcast as Marty provides more details on the challenges he faced and how the cloud enabled greater student achievement as well as allowed him to focus on teaching and not IT maintenance. 

Listen to the Podcast

Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
0 Kudos
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more