Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing HP Helion OpenStack Professional Services—empowering your cloud

Stephen_Spector

tom norton.PNGBy Tom Norton, Vice President, HP Helion OpenStack Professional Services

Today is a big day for me and for the HP Helion portfolio of cloud products and services. HP has officially announced HP Helion OpenStack® Professional Services, to empower its enterprise customers and channel partners to make the jump to the next-generation cloud computing environment. Based on OpenStack technology, this platform is open, secure and interoperable, and provides the expertise your organization needs to ease your existing IT workflows.

Global vision: no borders, no boundaries

With the advent of cloud, even our “local” customers are starting to think globally. For example, we have a mobile telecom provider in Asia that has always been satisfied to do business within their country’s borders. However with cloud, they have begun thinking globally.

Seamless integration

I have talked to early adopters of OpenStack technology who have struggled with implementation. While OpenStack software is still a young platform, it is evolving quickly, with new releases every six months. Enterprises are looking for an OpenStack technology implementation that will meet their IT security, performance, and data-center requirements. HP has years of experience meeting those requirements. Our Professional Services team will draw on that wealth of knowledge to help you fully implement and deploy cloud in your enterprise.

The team will take consulting a step further. We will analyze your workloads and advise you about the types of cloud architectures you should consider. If your service is very data intensive, we have designs specialized for storage. For heavy workloads – like engineering applications – we have designs maximized for compute.

We also understand how IT and cloud work for different kinds of business: retailers and manufacturers, financial services and telecoms, digital entertainment and media companies. We have experience analyzing workflows in each industry. We understand what makes a workflow well suited to the cloud. We will advise you which workflows should stay, whether they are in a client/server environment, or even in a tried and tested mainframe environment.

A key differentiator – especially for data center transformations – is the end-to-end service provided by our Centre of Excellence (COE), which will support you through your complete cloud journey. Support begins in the advice and planning stages, then continues through the transformation and into the management and optimization of your cloud.

That’s what HP Helion OpenStack Professional Services brings to the market. Because of our deep IT knowledge and enterprise expertise, we are uniquely positioned to advise and deliver for enterprise clients. We have the feature knowledge. We have the enterprise knowledge. And importantly, we know how to make these things spin and perform at scale.

Embedded with Engineering

Furthermore, our Professional Services team is well integrated with OpenStack technology engineering. We help them develop core code, and they help us solve enterprise problems. We have worked on OpenStack software design for Swift (object storage), Neutron (networking) and Triple O (OpenStack On OpenStack). We are talking about tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of nodes.

The uniqueness of HP is that we are engineering, we are data center, we are hybrid cloud, and now we are HP Helion OpenStack Professional Services. If you have been looking for an open architecture that will allow you to take your services globally – adapting to market conditions with agility and scalability – then you want to talk to my team. We are ready for your call.

For more information about HP Helion OpenStack Professional Services, visit our website.

Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
  • HP Cloud
0 Kudos
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more