Grounded in the Cloud
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Behind the Scenes: HP Helion OpenStack® Community Edition

‎05-08-2014 09:12 AM - edited ‎10-11-2015 01:35 PM

As part of the new HP Helion rollout, HP released a new open source distribution of the OpenStack® Icehouse release. The HP Helion OpenStack Community Edition is now available for developers, customers, and technologists interested in evaluating, developing, and deploying a private cloud based on OpenStack.

• Free-to-license OpenStack distribution
  • Support for up to 30 nodes and 600 virtual machines
  • Deploys using the OpenStack TripleO project
  • Build with the recently released Icehouse version
  • Receive regular updates approximately every 6 weeks
  • Optional Technical Support available for a fee
  • Simplified installation and configuration from about 1,200 manual configurations to a few automated steps

Jim Gardner, Product Marketing Lead on HP Helion OpenStack provides additional insight into this release in a Podcast. LISTEN HERE

About the Author

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Nov 29 - Dec 1
Discover 2016 London
Learn how to thrive in a world of digital transformation at our biggest event of the year, Discover 2016 London, November 29 - December 1.
Read more
Each Month in 2016
Software Expert Days - 2016
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts during online Expert Days. Find information here about past, current, and upcoming Expert Da...
Read more