Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building an ISV Ecosystem for HP Helion

Stephen_Spector

Guest Post: Sanjay Sharma, Director of Business Development, HP Helion

A robust ecosystem of partners is essential to the success of any software platform. We have seen this time and time again, during the Linux OS distribution wars and during the early adoption of AWS Public Cloud.

At HP, we are very focused on building this ecosystem as we make a huge investment in driving the success of HP Helion OpenStack and HP Helion Development Platform. For those not familiar with these products, HP Helion OpenStack Platform allows enterprises to quickly deploy cloud services based on OpenStack® technology with a common architecture across private, public, and hybrid clouds. HP Helion Development Platform, based on Cloud Foundry™, is integrated with HP Helion OpenStack and helps users rapidly develop deploy, and deliver cloud-native applications.

Given the importance of the ecosystem, we announced the HP Helion Ready Program for Solution Providers (ISVS) in October 2014, on the same day as the release of Helion OpenStack in GA. The program provides an efficient path for ISVs and SaaS vendors to test, certify and support their solutions and services on the HP Helion Platform. HP Helion Ready Solutions enable customers to confidently deploy HP Helion OpenStack and HP Helion Development Platform with certified and supported software solutions of their choice. In turn, customers drive revenue and value back to the ISV ecosystem thereby creating a positive feedback loop.

In the short three-month period that the HP Helion Ready Program has been available, over 20 apps have already been certified and many more are being tested. I want to give a big shout out to all these early adopter HP Helion Ready partners listed in the catalog here.

Some examples would be in order. Cliqr offers full life cycle management and portability of enterprise applications. FatFractalKidozen and Strongloop help you develop and deploy mobile apps on HP Helion OpenStack. Partners like Cloudberry and GladiNet can help you backup data, collaborate through file sharing and enable cloud synch. Mendix and Progress offer tools for Rapid App Dev with HP Helion OpenStack and HP Helion Development Platform. As they say, it takes a village!

What’s next for HP Helion Ready? You will hear directly from some of these HP Helion Ready ISVs in upcoming blogs. And, ISVs are just one part of the ecosystem. There are other parts as well. So there is more coming, stay tuned!!

Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
0 Kudos
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more