Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can You Count On Your Cloud Provider? It Matters!

Stephen_Spector

velocity_logo_new-square_400px.jpg

The cloud industry received a strong wakeup call this week with cloud storage provider Nirvanixannouncing that they would be shutting down their services. With only 10 days to migrate their data and services, Velocity reached out to HP to find a cloud partner not only capable of solving their time-critical migration needs, but who could also provide a long-term, reliable enterprise solution.  HP Public Cloud, along with storage partner Panzura, provided the expertise, support, and enterprise-grade public cloud solution that Velocity was looking for in a new cloud provider.

Thad Gerber, CEO of Velocity, commented that given HP’s reputation, he no longer fears being stranded by a cloud provider. The Nirvanix collapse jeopardized a core component of Velocity’s customer business, so Thad needed not only a fast data migration solution, he needed a trusted partner who could support his customers’ needs well into the future. Thad commented, “Cloud is a great thing, but obviously collapses like the Nirvanix one really highlight how important it is to choose an established and experienced company that you can rely on.”   Transferring customer information to HP not only grants Velocity the confidence of working with a trusted cloud provider, it also gives them the technical and sales expertise they need to meet their customers’ needs. 

If you are a partner or customer looking for help with your Nirvanix migration, contact us to learn how HP can be your trusted cloud partner.  Also, read Velocity’s perspective on the Nirvanix collapse and how it modified their thinking on the importance of choosing the right cloud vendor and how it prompted them to rethink the value of choosing HP.

Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
  • HP Cloud
0 Kudos
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more