Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cloud is of "No Relevance" say IT managers. Why?

CV

Just found an interesting blog entry titled "Over half the UK employees want to work in the cloud". Sounds like there is a little discrepancy in expectations here. Interesting.

0 Kudos
About the Author

CV

Comments
Chris M Evans

75% seeing no relevance for Cloud implies 25% who do see relevance.  These are the more thoughtful thinkers who clearly look ahead in their business.  I wonder how many of those 75% look at hotmail, google mail, salesforce etc and realise that they could be using cloud services already?

Any new technology has the hype factor to overcome.  I believe in any organisation there will be 25% who "get it" immediately, 25% who will never get it and stay doing what they did when they first entered the industry.  The other 50% are waverers who need convincing but likely will over time come to accept new technology.  Those actual percentages may vary, but I think we're getting past the hype factor now and moving into more mainstream adoption.  Forget the bottom 25%.  You will never convert them anyway, just focus on the 75% who will eventually get the concept and adopt.

Michael27

I don't think SMB IT folks think of SaaS as part of cloud. ex: Does your company use an email service (ex:Hosted Exchange or gmail) - sure.  Are you looking at or using cloud computing - no

Lutz Bartsch
It is true that many IT folks underestimate the relevance of #Cloud to their business. I see so many companies not being prepared to manage properly the SaaS offering selected by tgeir business. Either they try to play mad to stop it last minute or they play a we don't care it is not on our premise. The required transformation of IT to be a Service Broker (be it Cloud or on-premise components or both building the service) is a huge step for many IT organizations. But the CIO will be responsible for reliability, security and integration of the components supporting the busines as a service. More and or technologies and applications are just not available or feasable on-premise. CIO - get ready to be a Service Broker!
CV

Just found an interesting blog entry titled "Over half the UK employees want to work in the cloud". Sounds like there is a little discrepancy in expectations here. Interesting.

Events
June 6 - 8, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Discover 2017 Las Vegas
Join us for HPE Discover 2017 in Las Vegas. The event will be held at the Venetian | Palazzo from June 6-8, 2017.
Read more
Each Month in 2017
Software Expert Days - 2017
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts during online Expert Days. Find information here about past, current, and upcoming Expert Da...
Read more