Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud services you can run with

Ops_Guest

Derek-Howard-SP-Leader-and-Runner-2x3.jpgGuest post by Derek Howard, Worldwide Service Provider Marketing Manager, HPE

I learned some important lessons as I worked to complete my personal goal of running three half marathons in 2015. My final race was the Rock’n’Roll Savannah Half Marathon on Nov. 7th, and my troubled arrival foreshadowed the challenges ahead. I was flying back on a red eye from San Francisco after attending Dropbox Open, their first customer conference, when the plane had mechanical issues and made an unplanned middle-of-the-night landing in Phoenix.  I missed my connection home but convinced the airline to route me directly to Savannah in time for the race. Thankfully, I had brought all my running gear with me on my trip. Flexibility paid off—being prepared for a change of plan. This lesson also applies to the cloud services market. You need to anticipate changing market dynamics and be ready to deliver the services your customers’ want—regardless of how quickly their needs change.

After carb-loading with a plate of spaghetti and a night of rest, I was ready to run. Or so I thought. Lining up with more than 14,000 runners was an intense experience. What started out as a foggy cool morning quickly turned into a broiling hot and humid 84o southern summer day. What’s with the weather? It’s November! My solution: not passing any of the water tables on the course. 

It wasn’t unlike the cloud services market—hot and overcrowded. To be successful in running or delivering cloud services, you need to be ready to outpace your competition and deal with the heat. 

Cloud-Services-You-Can-Run-With-from-HPE.JPG

Hewlett Packard Enterprise has developed Service Provider Ready solutions, which can help you quickly get to market and outpace your competition with new compelling services. You are in a race to deliver what is next—to get ahead you need speed and staying power. You need to deliver faster, at scale, and on demand—and offer services your customers can trust. 

Check out our new video to see how you can take advantage of HPE Service Provider Ready Solutions and prepare for the course ahead with a ready-to-run solution.

And we’re getting the word out. We launched our expanded portfolio of services and solutions tailored just for services providers at DCD Stacking IT in London. Learn more here via the article at Servers: The Right Compute.

HPE Service Provider Ready solutions can help you gain the agility, differentiation, and market reach you need.  So you can be ready for anything. 

About the Author

Ops_Guest

Comments
Dedicated Server India

Well written. Sales guys must be sound technical to sell the cloud in these days otherwaise they can't runwith cloud competition.

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
HPE at Worldwide IT Conferences and Events -  2017
Learn about IT conferences and events  where Hewlett Packard Enterprise has a presence
Read more