Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring an Active-Active cluster for HP Operations Orchestration centrals

collinchau

Written by Nir Gur Arie, HPSW (QA)

T-data-ctr-security-svcs__226x160--C-tcm245-1098329-CT-tcm245-1237012-32.jpgWhen you deploy an enterprise grade orchestration solution, you want to make sure it is always on. Especially if it is an enabler of IT services—downtime within IT process automation is never an option. This is why I want to share with you, my experience of installing Operations Orchestration in cluster mode.

For this exercise, I installed two central nodes in cluster mode, made possible because of the central architecture that enables several nodes to work with the same database. In order to balance the traffic I used Apache httpd, and also configured it to spread the traffic between the nodes. Doing this has allowed me to obtain better performance. Once I completed that step, I started with the workers installation. I installed two workers on our data center such that the workers will also be highly available. (Note : For the central URL, I used the LB URL.)

The worker and the central nodes configuration is set to active\active, meaning that all nodes are active. This configuration gives better performance when working with many users. In case of node failure, the system keeps working in a seamless way—so much so that end users are not aware to the problem. Now my centrals are redundant and I’ve got excellent performance. In case you want to setup a similar configuration, a detailed tutorial is available here: Click here

Download the community edition of Operations Orchestration today!

nir.png

Making Cloud Simple
0 Kudos
About the Author

collinchau

Lending 20 years of IT market expertise across 5 continents, for defining moments as an innovation adoption change agent.

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
HPE at Worldwide IT Conferences and Events -  2017
Learn about IT conferences and events  where Hewlett Packard Enterprise has a presence
Read more