Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Sovereignty: Securing Data and Navigating the Data Sovereignty Landscape

Stephen_Spector

Guest Post: Sylvia McCleary, Solutions Marketing, HPE Helion

In the wake of new data privacy laws that are being enacted around the globe by countries in an effort to better protect and guard national security interests, a number of countries are demanding companies strictly enforce their countries data sovereignty laws or be fined in excess of two percent of their global revenues.  Companies are struggling to understand how they can do business in a global marketplace when such restrictions are in place especially with the knowledge that these laws and rulings directly impact how they do business in those countries.  Though the EU and the US have come to an agreement on how the EU and the US will work it doesn’t mean that countries within the EU can’t decide to incorporate their own laws which adds another layer of complexity.  Plus though an agreement has been reached the details of that agreement are yet to be revealed.  Top questions that companies are asking include:

• Public, Private or Hybrid Cloud, what should I choose that best suits my customers and will still give me the security my customers and my business needs?
  • How should my company manage these complicated sets of rules and regulations around data sovereignty and security?
  • What options do I have when it comes to compliance both in the country I reside in and the countries I want to do business in?

To understand this complex conversation in this quickly changing world around Data Sovereignty HPE, Intralinks and Intel have teamed up with the Economist to lead a thought-leadership program giving the perspectives from leading regulators, Security Practioner’s, Security Vendors and other IT leaders on how companies are combining technical and legal expertise to navigate the privacy landscape.  The Economist will present their research whitepaper on this subject followed by a panel discussion.  This program is designed to discuss this hot topic along with the latest trends in Cloud Security and Data Sovereignty as they come to light. 

To attend an upcoming event please register below:

•  April 7th, 2016                     South Place Hotel, London REGISTER                                                                    
  •  April 21st, 2016                   Jean George Restaurant, Trump Tower, New York REGISTER                     
  •  May 4th, 2016                     The City Club, San Francisco, CA REGISTER                                                        
  •  June 21st, 2016                   TBA, Frankfurt, Germany REGISTER                                                                  
Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
0 Kudos
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more