Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day 1 Recap of OpenStack East NYC

HaleyC

When I stepped inside the PlayStation Theatre in New York City’s Times Square, I thought I would be escaping the crowds. But I soon figured out the first ever OpenStack East event was as bustling as the streets outside. I didn’t see a single open seat when I sat down to watch Donna Scott from Gartner present research illustrating how OpenStack enables digital business transformation. A recent Garter survey found that CIOs expect revenue from digital sources to double over the next five years.

Andrew Mitry, a distinguished engineer at Walmart, underscored Donna’s presentation with a demo of how his infrastructure team is transforming operations at the world’s largest company by revenue with OpenStack-enabled application lifecycle management. Mitry’s team now supports more than 40,000 deployments a month across 170,000 cores and more than 30 cloud regions.

image2.jpg

In his keynote this morning, Mark Interrante, SVP of Engineering here at HPE showed how transformation at enterprises like Walmart is reflected in OpenStack data.  OpenStack deployments in production grew from 16 % to 67%, proving that OpenStack is mainstream.

Mark also discussed what customers are telling us they need in order to transform their businesses. Most customers need help migrating under-utilized apps to hybrid infrastructures. They’d also like to see a common set of services across existing and new apps.

image1.jpg

Are you at OpenStack East? Let us know what you’re finding interesting, or what you’d like to hear more about. Tweet us @HPE_cloud with #BuiltByYou.

See how HPE Helion OpenStack joins hybrid cloud, multi-cloud, open source, and cloud-native application capabilities into a single cloud and application management platform.

• HPE Cloud
About the Author

HaleyC

I manage the HPE Helion social media brand accounts promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds.I have put my toes in the ocean of cloud evangelism for the enterprise IT industry. But my expertise is in Social Media and Digital Marketing.

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more