cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox at Discover Las Vegas: witnessing a powerful partnership

Ops_Guest

Derek-Howard-profilepic-2x3.jpg

Guest post by Derek Howard, WW IoT and Service Provider Marketing Manager

Seeing Meg Whitman with Dropbox CEO Drew Houston onstage at Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover Las Vegas was a bit of déjà vu.

I recalled when, just last November, Meg accepted Drew’s request to join him onstage at Dropbox’s Open conference in San Francisco – it was a candid, thoughtful conversation between two incredible thought leaders. And this week’s meeting at Discover was no different, except that now it was Drew who was invited to be the special guest.

Their conversation covered several important topics. How do you keep growing a company like Dropbox, which, eight years in, is no longer an upstart? What does flexibility mean in a technology partnership? The list goes on.

The most significant topic discussed was Dropbox’s recent move to a hybrid infrastructure – and the business value it represents for Drew and his teams. Among his key points were the importance of cost-effectiveness and security, and how the close, collaborative partnership with HPE made it all possible. He mentioned that HPE was key in helping Dropbox manage the rapid scaling of their solution to the Exabyte level, as they’ve grown to over 500 million users.

And the relationship goes both ways – HPE has long had a close partnership with Dropbox and uses its tools internally.

Meg, characteristically, listened with the intent to learn from another great mind. This is the kind of symbiosis among technology leaders that can drive breakthrough innovations, and it was my pleasure – yet again – to see them in their element together.

And here’s another exciting note: The Wall Street Journal was on hand to cover this high-profile conversation, and they have produced a compelling follow-up article. Enjoy it here.

Finally, enjoy this new video of Dropbox’s Thomas Hansen, global vice president of sales and channels, as he discusses Dropbox’s mission of providing the best in enterprise-level file sync and share.

And if I miss you in Las Vegas, reach out to me at @DerekBHoward or check out our service provider info at HPE.com/Info/SP.

Dropbox-HPEDiscover-Main-Stage _1024x512_2.png

0 Kudos
About the Author

Ops_Guest

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more