Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embrace the Challenges of Cloud at HPE Discover with Key Cloud Sessions

Stephen_Spector

http---prod.cdata.app.sprinklr.com-DAM-188-Transform_final-e16f751b-44a2-4f6c-aa62-5c13d695a3fb-679448010-2016-05-31 21-09-11.jpg

For HPE customers attending HPE Discover I wanted to highlight our main Cloud spotlight session in the Transform track; Accelerate Cloud subtrack. Be sure to add this session to your event schedule. 

Session ID: SL 9523
Title: Embrace the Challenges of Cloud at HPE Discover

Wednesday June 8, 2016 from 11:30 am – 12:30 pm in Innovation Theater 1

Cloud is a top technology priority for enterprises, but key concerns around security, economics and skills loom large. Determining the right technology mix is critical in an increasingly multi-cloud reality. What to move, when to move, how to finance and where to get necessary skills are all important questions. Join HPE Cloud leaders as they provide the detailed strategy and approach you need to realize better outcomes.

Speakers

I am currently the Vice President of Product Marketing for HP Helion, HP's portfolio of Cloud Computing products and services. Prior to this role, I ran product management for our HP Helion OpenStack distributions.

Before joining HP in 2013, I was a Partner at BlueRun Ventures in our Menlo Park office. In this role, I focused on on early stage investments, in mobile, consumer internet and enterprise software. I served on the boards of AppCentral (acquired by Good Technology) and Foodspotting (acquired by Open Table), and currently serve on the Board of AppRedeem. I’m also an angel investor, having invested Appurify (acquired by Google), Flynn.IO, Neptune.IO, Mojio, Liftoff.io, and Truevault. And I’ve been a founder. I co-founded and was the original CEO of Moonshoot, a venture backed startup, aiming to teach English to children globally. 

I began my career in the technology industry working at Microsoft for nearly 10 years, both in Redmond and Japan. 

Currently serving as Vice President of Cloud Services and Enterprise Architecture for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Global IT. In that capacity, I lead a team that is leading the industry in transforming Hewlett-Packard’s IT to a SaaS and Hybrid Cloud compute model and reducing traditional compute in three years. This transformation is intended to nearly double compute capacity while significantly reducing capital expenses and operating costs. My team is also responsible for the architecture and deployment of emerging and disruptive technologies. The organization charter is to create end-to-end solutions in the “New Style of IT” for use in the enterprise to achieve the business objectives. In addition to this, I am leading the charge in the architecture and strategy for HP-IT’s private cloud, Big Data deployments and influencing companywide cloud adoption across the enterprise.

Omri Gazitt serves as VP of Engineering of HP’s Helion Platform team, which delivers core parts of the Helion OpenStack and Helion Development Platform products, targeted at Enterprises that want to stand up their own Cloud on-premises, or consume it as a hosted platform in HP’s Managed and Public Clouds. Omri’s team is responsible for Identity & Access, Metering, Monitoring, Management Console, Load Balancing, DNS, Database, Messaging, Application Lifecycle, Developer Experience, and User Experience, and contributes heavily into the OpenStack and Cloud Foundry open source projects.

In prior lives, Omri helped create .NET, Web Services, and Azure, as well as the Xbox and Kinect developer platforms. He lives with his wife and three daughters in Redmond, WA, and loves rainy winter days in the northwest because they mean fresh powder on the weekends.

RECOMMENDED CLOUD SESSIONS

The following three pdf files provide information on the daily recommended sessions for attendees interested in learning more about HPE Helion.

Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
0 Kudos
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
HPE at Worldwide IT Conferences and Events -  2017
Learn about IT conferences and events  where Hewlett Packard Enterprise has a presence
Read more