Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Cloud Q&A with HP Helion: Can I use AWS and a Private Cloud?

Stephen_Spector

Welcome to our new weekly cloud blog series where we answer common cloud questions our enterprise customers are asking.

Question: Can I use AWS and a Private Cloud?

HP has many customers who are currently leveraging the public cloud product from Amazon and are looking for a way to also leverage a private cloud as part of a hybrid cloud solution. This common industry challenge has led HP Helion to offer an open-source, secure and proven private cloud product for AWS users; HP Helion Eucalyptus.

eucalyptus_aws_diagram_2015_08_31_tcm245_2052361_tcm245_2052347_tcm245-2052361.png

HP Helion Eucalyptus provides open source implementations of many Amazon Web Services so you can confidently deploy AWS applications into a private cloud without changing tools, processes, or application code. In this video you can see a demonstration of this concept:

Customer Examples

“Thanks to HP Helion Eucalyptus, we’re empowering scientists, engineers, and students in the cloud, expanding the array of research and educational tools available to them.” – David Lifka, Cornell University (Case Study)

“We chose HP Helion Eucalyptus because of its ease of use and AWS API compatibility. We had HP Helion Eucalyptus up and running in a weekend – it just worked!” – Nikita Shamgunov, MemSQL (Case Study)

“We already made significant investment in development and QA tooling based on the AWS API, and HP Helion Eucalyptus allowed us to utilize that without reengineering” – Thomas Morse, App Dynamics (Case Study)

Get Started Today

HP Helion Eucalyptus offers a Fast Start program to rapidly enable your evaluation of this unique private cloud solution built for AWS.

Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
  • HP Cloud
0 Kudos
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more