Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Cloud Q&A with HP Helion: Managed Virtual Private Cloud

Stephen_Spector

Welcome to our new weekly cloud blog series where we answer common cloud questions our enterprise customers are asking.

Question: What is a Managed Virtual Private Cloud?

Private clouds are computing infrastructure dedicated to a single organization and not shared with other entities outside that organization. Private clouds can be implemented in several ways:

• Private Cloud – a set of computing resources available within an organization operated and located within a single entity

• Managed Private Cloud – a private cloud located within the organization that is managed and serviced by an external company. In our case, HP Helion has a team dedicated to ensure your private cloud is secure, available, and operating efficiently.

• Managed Virtual Private Cloud – a dedicated cloud infrastructure to a single organization that is hosted outside the organization in a public cloud and accessed via VPN.

In the case of a Managed Virtual Private Cloud organizations can get the benefits of a public cloud while maintaining the exclusivity found in a private cloud.

• Regionalized Cloud Location: Data Sovereignty, Low Latency, Compliance, High Availability
  • Op-Ex Financial Model
  • Meet Scalability Demands Instantly
  • Industry Leading Cloud Security Services from HP Helion

River Island provides an excellent case study on how HP Helion Managed Virtual Public Cloud enables their new approach to IT.

To learn more about these solutions from HP look here:

• Managed Cloud Services Site
  • HP Helion CloudSystem Site (90 Day Free Trial)
  • HP Helion Managed Private Cloud (PDF)
  • HP Helion Managed Virtual Private Cloud (PDF)
  • HP Helion CloudSystem on HP ConvergedSystem 700 for Rapid Deployment (PDF)
Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
0 Kudos
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
HPE at Worldwide IT Conferences and Events -  2017
Learn about IT conferences and events  where Hewlett Packard Enterprise has a presence
Read more