Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For IoT Hosting, Eucalyptus Private Cloud is a Natural Fit

Stephen_Spector

IotImage.PNG

Amazon AWS is the most-utilized cloud infrastructure provider for IoT hosting, per the Eclipse 2016 IoT Developer Survey.

This means developers are leaning heavily on public cloud to gather and send massive amounts of real-time data, such as location, purchases and even personal health information. Knowing the sensitivity of such data, this also signals the need for private cloud resources, as developers seek to mitigate heightened privacy and security risks inherent with connected devices.

Gartner predicts that by 2020, more than half of all global enterprise IT security programs will be redefined and expanded by evolving IOT security requirements - creating more and greater responsibilities for IT staff.

We don’t have to wait four more years. According to Business Insider, 82 percent of firms are planning to place IoT applications by 2017.

Now is the time to implement an appropriate and forward-looking private cloud strategy.

AWS-compatible Private Cloud Software

Developers who employ AWS public cloud can leverage the technology behind HPE Helion’s AWS-compatible private cloud software, known as Eucalyptus.

Eucalyptus, an open source cloud platform, is designed to give users a private cloud service that works like AWS. There is no need to change code, tools or processes, so IoT developers can work in a familiar environment. Eucalyptus supports popular AWS APIs like EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, IAM, ELB, Auto Scaling, CloudWatch and CloudFormation.

The AWS-compatible private cloud helps developers address the security and compliance concerns of IoT, while enabling them to easily migrate workloads between public and private clouds. As more organizations put applications in place over the next year, their end users can depend on a more robust, more protected experience.

To get started, organizations can install the private cloud software in less than 10 minutes with the Eucalyptus FastStart download.

Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
0 Kudos
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more