Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From Product Pushing to Problem Solving : Connection is the key to successful business relationships

Ops_Guest

Guest post by Haley Carriere

Last week in Boston I spent a lovely morning at the Cloud Meets Your Business Channel Partner Conference. I attended two talks and wanted to share my key takeaways with you in this blog.

For years, sales groups within organizations, have utilized a “ring the bell” concept of product selling. But now we are seeing a shift from big hit selling to more solution-oriented sales. This shift in the business model is scaring the heck out of sales departments who are worried that big hit selling will be cannibalized. But the world is changing…

Customers on the consumer and business side aren’t listening messaging and jazz simply about products. Instead they are talking with people who want to understand their problems and show them the value of the service(s) it will take to solve those problems.

If you or your company wants to be trusted business advisors to customers, it is vital to move from product pushing to solution selling.  In the cloud world, this also means a shift from a CapEx model to an Opex or utility-based services model. I believe our partners are crucial in this transition.

HP offers a cloud portfolio that facilitates the shift while partners show their competitive edge with their service offering to drive better business outcomes for customers. Efrain Rovira with HP Cloud Channel summarizes the partner point of view on this transformation. You can hear this thoughts in this video.

The next time you are talking with a potential customer, it might be best to begin the conversation with “If you didn’t have to worry about technology, what’s possible with your business?”  Then actually listen to your customer and be real with them about the value of the business outcomes available to them instead of pushing product at them.

Learn more about becoming a certified HP Cloud Builder here.

• HPE Cloud
0 Kudos
About the Author

Ops_Guest

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more
What's New
Posted to:
Original author:
Posted to:
Original author: