Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get more Dev and Less Ops with HPE Helion OpenStack 4.0

BrunoZ

Infrastructure is important.

Your infrastructure has to scale to meet the rapid growth of data and devices in your enterprise, it has to support both old and new applications, and it must be policy defined and compliant. Perhaps most crucially, it has to connect to legacy systems.

Enter HPE Helion OpenStack 4.0–the latest release of our open and flexible infrastructure-as-a-service cloud platform. With better support for a diverse set of enterprise-grade workloads–including telco–on a resilient platform, HPE Helion OpenStack 4.0 is ready to run the most strategic applications in your enterprise.

This latest version of HPE Helion OpenStack offers simplified deployments and superior manageability. That means you need fewer resources to manage your cloud.

Automation, monitoring, and virtual machine auto scaling translates to a self-managing cloud.

Now generally available, let’s look at the new features in HPE Helion OpenStack 4.0:

Increased security with role-based access controls enables managing security policies for sharing networking resources with one or more tenant project. Enabling secure booting prevents potential unauthorized exploits and injections during the startup process. Completing the security audit logging of all cloud services enables better risk mitigation, monitoring, and identification of suspicious or anomalous activity consumable in the Cloud Audit Data Federation (CADF) format.

Superior scalability and application performance with new virtual machine auto scaling and new data plane development kit support for high-performance data transfers between network interface controller cards and tenant VMs. New VLAN trunking to VMs with VLAN-aware allows a single VM to process traffic from multiple OpenStack tenant networks. Transparent VLAN allows VLAN-tagged traffic to be transported transparently within a cloud provider network segment (VLAN or VXLAN) and leverage the Q-in-Q protocol in Open vSwitch.

Extensive ecosystem integration by streamlining third-party integrations using software-defined networking and software-defined storage upstream plug-ins and drivers and proprietary configurations through the full lifecycle management operations of the cloud, including initial deployment updates and upgrades.

Improved operations management with enhanced ability to monitor the network statistics for Neutron routers, DHCP agent, and VM virtual network interfaces. Improved ability to better manage the physical and virtual resources for compute and storage by understanding the total capacity available, how much of it has been allocated, and how much of it is being used. This helps right size the cloud resources in the most optimal and efficient manner.

These new features come with the addition that has always set HPE Helion OpenStack apart: Technical support and training from the people who helped build OpenStack into the powerful enterprise cloud platform it is today.

See how HPE Helion OpenStack 4.0 is the enterprise-grade, open cloud you need to align your technology perfectly with your business goals. 

0 Kudos
About the Author

BrunoZ

I am the Vice President of Product Management for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Cloud. I have spent more than 20 years in product management and software engineering including leadership roles for companies such as Yahoo! and Cisco. My Master’s degree in Computer Science is from the Université Denis Diderot (Paris VII). I speak fluent French and I am based in Silicon Valley, California. Follow me on Twitter @bruno_zerbib

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
HPE at Worldwide IT Conferences and Events -  2017
Learn about IT conferences and events  where Hewlett Packard Enterprise has a presence
Read more