Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get to know the OpenStack Projects

Stephen_Spector

openstack.png

The OpenStack® open source cloud operating system is the platform upon which HP is building our HP Helion solutions. We are an active member of the community with multiple team members in leadership roles including governance, engineering, and marketing. In fact, for the Juno release (October2014) HP contributed more than 473,000 lines of code.

The OpenStack technology is comprised of a series of projects that fit within a few categories: Compute, Networking, Storage, Shared Services, and Dashboard. These projects provide HP with the building blocks to create a cloud platform meeting the needs of our customers.

Jay Jamison (@Jay_Jamison), VP of Product Marketing, HP Helion created a series of video interviews with several of the Project Technical Leads for various OpenStack projects. This video series provides insight into each of the projects as well the HP engineers leading the efforts.

Complete Video Series

To learn more, be sure to look for a local OpenStack Meetup near you and attend. Or, join the Cloud Online Meetup group and participate in the regularly scheduled online meetups.

HP is also planning to attend the OpenStack Summit Vancouver from May 18 – 22 and will provide extensive coverage via social media to ensure our customers are informed on the latest updates from within the community. If you are attending, be sure to stop by the HP booth and let us know how we can assist you in your cloud transformation.

Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
0 Kudos
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more