Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Announces Winners of Women of OpenStack Scholarship Program

Stephen_Spector

HP is pleased to announce the four winners of the Women of OpenStack® Scholarship Program. The scholarship is a special program for college women pursuing a career in technology. This HP program awards four female candidates a scholarship of $10,000 USD each, plus mentorship and potential internship possibilities in the future.

Recipients

Jovanka1.jpgJovanka Gulicoska

(FON University Skopje, Macedonia)

Project: Developed glib bindings for libvirt and included screenshots of a "Hello, World" application within the HP Helion Development Platform.

“Thank you for this incredible opportunity; I’m glad and excited to be part of this program and add another chapter in my programming life.”

Grace1.jpgGrace (Guyue) Liu

(The George Washington University)

Project: SDN and NFV development in Eucalyptus and OpenStack technology

“The HP Helion OpenStack Scholarship has given me more opportunities to explore cloud computing and make my PhD journey exciting.”

xiayuan1.jpgXiaoyuan Lu

(University of California Santa Cruz)

Project: Graduate Student Researcher at Storage and System Research Center with OpenStack Swift & HP experience

“I am really excited about being selected as a recipient of the award. I have worked on projects about OpenStack, and I am looking forward to continue working on that!"

Prajatka`.jpgPrajakta Naik

(San Jose State University)

Project: Experience in Python for Android, Hadoop as well as API development

“Thank you for offering the OpenStack Scholarship for Women. I am really excited to learn and work with you all!!”

Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
0 Kudos
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more