Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Helion OpenStack Professional Services

Stephen_Spector

Guest Author: Irene Cortes, HP Helion Marketing

When I started my first real job fresh out of college, I thought that if I was given an assignment I had to try to do it myself.  I quickly realized that doing it yourself is not always the best approach to get the job done quickly, and with the best quality.  Especially if it was something that required me to spend a lot of time trying to figure it out, or if I had a tight deadline.  Worse still, was having to re-do something because I did not get it right the first time because I did not have the right skills.     I quickly learned that the best approach is to ask for guidance from people who had done it before, ask an expert to share with me an example or best practice on how to approach the problem,  or in some cases, get a team together to get the job done (leveraging team members skills which I did not have).  I found that having a mentor to guide me through the speed bumps was a win for both the company and myself.  I did not need to do it alone.

Some of the customers I talk to are realizing that building a cloud and realizing the business outcomes they expected from it is not always a given.  Their cloud implementations are taking longer than they expected.  That it is not as easy as they thought to translate skills gained from their traditional IT environment to cloud.  The cloud services they built are not being used.    The more clients I talk to, the more  I realize that those lessons I learned apply to them as they move to cloud.  Trying to do it alone (with their IT department) is not always the best option.  Working with someone who has done it before is the best route to a successful cloud that delivers the speed and agility they are looking for. 

Transforming your business to leverage cloud is not easy.  Starting from scratch to figure out cloud strategy, define what applications should be migrated from a traditional environment to cloud and understanding the IT, business and organizational design implications of delivering cloud services requires a certain level of expertise.   The odds are, no matter how large or skilled your IT department is, you do not have all the skills and experience  needed to leverage cloud as quickly as possible.   This is where our HP Helion Professional Services team comes to help guide and mentor our customers – so that their transformation to cloud meets their business and IT objectives – the first time around.

The great thing about our HP Helion Professional Services is that our consultants have years of experience in working with customers on cloud.  We bring documented best practices, patented processes and the practical knowledge to provide the guidance and support customers are looking for to succeed with cloud.   The other great thing is that our experience spans the entire lifecycle of cloud – whether customers need help defining their cloud strategy and what services to deliver, need to understand what applications to move to cloud, how to integrate OpenStack® technology, to design and implement cloud into their  hybrid IT environment or train their staff, our consultants can help. 

We classify our professional services based on what customers are trying to accomplish:

Advise:   If your cloud is not meeting your business requirements,  or you have started to dabble in OpenStack technology (or wonder if you should be) our professional services team has the expertise to work with you to understand the role cloud should play in your business.  Our consultants can help you understand the opportunities and challenges cloud can bring , as well as work with you to develop your business case for cloud, and create a transformation plan and roadmap to help you meet your business outcomes.  Find out more about our cloud workshop  and cloud strategy services (link) to understand more about how we can help you get started on the right path to cloud.

Transform:  You have decided that you want the speed, agility and innovation that comes from cloud, and are ready to start integrating cloud into your business.   HP can help you understand what applications and business processes are right for cloud,  develop your organizational and infrastructure design for traditional and OpenStack cloud environments,  and accelerate your cloud deployment with our implementation capabilities.   Find out more about our applications transformationcloud design and cloud implementation services, to learn how you can leverage our expertise in cloud planning and deployment.

Manage:  You have successfully implemented cloud – now you want to make sure that it runs smoothly.  Our cloud support  services helps you achieve best-in-class operational efficiency, support your hybrid IT environment, and includes a Center of Expertise (COE) for  OpenStack cloud.  We can also have an extensive cloud education curriculum, to help train your staff on the latest cloud technologie, via online and in-person courses.   Find out more about our cloud support and cloud education services,  to help your cloud stay up and running and to make sure your team stays up to date on cloud skills.  

Watch this video to find out more about the OpenStack technology professional services that are part of the HP Helion Professional Services portfolio.

When it comes to skills and expertise, our HP Helion Professional Services consultants have the experience in  all things cloud.  And, we are always developing our skills and learning from our customer engagements.  When it comes to cloud, the odds are high that we have “done it before”,   and our customers benefit from bringing us in to help.  Our commitment to customers is to be there to support their efforts whether they are at the start, middle, or end of their journey.  And to work with them to meet their business and IT objectives with cloud. 

Get started today, visit the HP Helion OpenStack Profesional Services site.

Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
0 Kudos
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
HPE at Worldwide IT Conferences and Events -  2017
Learn about IT conferences and events  where Hewlett Packard Enterprise has a presence
Read more