Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Helion’s FedRAMP compliance makes it easy for government agencies to get to the cloud.

Stephen_Spector

Last month, Marilyn Hays, Security and Privacy Program Manager, U.S. Public Sector,  , HP Helion, completed a Q&A post with FedRamp411; “a comprehensive, online resource dedicated to all things FedRAMP – from the security standards themselves, to the products they govern, and everything in between.”

FedRAMP – The Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program is a government-wide program that provides a standardized approach to security assessment, authorization, and continuous monitoring for cloud products and services.

Sample discussion:

FedRAMP411: Tell us about your road to FedRAMP compliance. How long did it take to become FedRAMP compliant, and why did you choose the JAB route?

Hays: Hewlett Packard Enterprise Services, U.S. Public Sector, has been providing secure and compliant outsourced IT services to the U.S. government for nearly 50 years, so we came into the process with depth and breadth of experience developing and operating FISMA programs.

Cloud system development work began in October 2011, and we employed a dedicated security team involved from the beginning to ensure that compliance was designed and built into our final product. When the system went into production in August 2012, we increased the staff working on the documentation until we kicked off in mid-December 2012. We received our p-ATO five-and-half-months later, the fastest approval on record. We went the Joint Authorization Board route because we started before there was significant demand for cloud services by the government and kicked off before our first Federal customer signed on. And because we believed that if we can satisfy the requirements of the three-member JAB, our p-ATO would be more acceptable to other agencies.

Read the full article.

Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
  • HP Cloud
0 Kudos
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more