Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPE Helion Eucalyptus: The State of Hybrid Cloud Security

Stephen_Spector

HPE Helion’s Eucalyptus hybrid cloud software presents big opportunities for the enterprise, and tighter security is one of them.

This is an important distinction, because according to a recent SANS Institute Study the main reasons clients retain private cloud-only environments are 1) threats to data confidentiality and 2) loss of control over enterprise data.

HPE Helion Eucalyptus addresses security concerns through its open source hybrid cloud software. With Eucalyptus integration, users can retain private cloud-level data and app security while using public clouds to quickly scale resources up and down as needed.

How is all of this possible? Let’s take a look at two main operational differences in the Eucalyptus software:

• Eucalyptus supports Amazon Web Services (AWS) tools and uses AWS APIs, so users can move public cloud workloads to private cloud without changing applications, policies or code – actions that require additional evaluations to ensure data security and compliance.
  • Eucalyptus isolates sensitive data in Eucalyptus rather than AWS. So while the user may be talking to AWS, it is AWS that is talking to Eucalyptus. The user need not directly interact with Eucalyptus, which keeps critical data and apps protected as mobility and security breaches become more prolific.   

Understanding how HPE Helion Eucalyptus resolves security concerns in the enterprise is imperative, especially as more organizations begin to migrate to hybrid cloud infrastructures – something that 78 percent of C-level executives say they plan to accomplish by 2018.

You can download Eucalyptus software for free, and build your own private cloud on your machine.

Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
  • HPE Cloud
0 Kudos
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more