Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPE Helion Goes Hybrid for Microsoft Azure Stack and Amazon Web Services

Stephen_Spector

Guest Author: Colby Dyess, Marketing Director, HPE Helion

The recent announcement by Microsoft of their Azure Stack solution, which claims to give customers the ability to run a piece of the Azure cloud in-house reminds me of a similar solution for Amazon, HPE Helion Eucalyptus. For the past 5 years, HPE Helion Eucalyptus has delivered software that performs like an AWS cloud in-house for hundreds of customers looking for a private cloud capability for their AWS investment.

HPE Helion Eucalyptus is the Azure Stack for AWS

HPE Helion Eucalyptus is an open source private cloud built to allow AWS users the opportunity to migrate workloads back into their internal infrastructure, or to build locally and deploy globally to AWS for a seamless hybrid cloud experience.

But don’t take my word for it, Hutch Kolozyan, Director, Nava Soltuions says, “The AWS skills definitely come in handy [on Eucalyptus]. However, we also found that working with Eucalyptus makes us appreciate the AWS API even more and make use of it more often.”

The MS Azure Stack announcement is the most recent signal that Enterprise customers need a private cloud complement to their public cloud strategy. This announcement validates HPE’s decision to acquire Eucalyptus in 2014 and to increase investment in this unique solution. Eucalyptus solutions can be deployed on premises, hosted and are even available as managed private cloud with consumption based pricing.

Learn more about HPE Helion Eucalyptus, watch my short interview with Jake Ludington from the recent HPE Discover:

To try HPE Helion Eucalyptus for yourself use the FastStart installer to quickly install and run your own “in-house AWS” private cloud.

Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
  • HPE Cloud
0 Kudos
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more