Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPE Helion OpenStack 4.0 is all about performance and simplicity

MarkI

You know this already: OpenStack is ready for the enterprise.

What you may not know is that Helion OpenStack 4.0–the latest release of our open and flexible infrastructure-as-a-service cloud platform–is built to be more scalable, easier to operate, and ideally suited to run the most sensitive and strategic applications in a broad range of enterprise verticals and telco use cases.

HPE Helion OpenStack 4.0 gives communication service providers the ability to deploy network functions virtualization (NFV) applications on open source platforms.

Infrastructure is important. With HPE Helion OpenStack 4.0, it has never been simpler to securely deploy and manage mission critical applications without the direct involvement of IT departments. The result: “more dev, less ops.”

Simplicity and scalability are our watchwords as we evolve HPE Helion OpenStack. As my colleague Bruno Zerbib, VP of Product Management at HPE Cloud, said recently: “Our ultimate goal is to make HPE Helion OpenStack ‘zero touch.’”

We’ve also announced general availability of HPE Helion Stackato 4.0, a multi-cloud application platform that gives developers the power to build scalable, resilient, self-healing cloud native applications across a wide range of programming languages and services, including .NET, Java, Python, and Ruby.

Now generally available, new features in HPE Helion OpenStack 4.0 include:

• Increased security with advanced logging, monitoring, and auditing tools.
  • Superior scalability and application performance with new virtual machine auto-scaling and new data plane development kit support for high-performance data transfers between network interface controller cards and tenant VMs.
  • Extensive ecosystem integration with instant and easy integration with F5 Networks load balancing and the top software-defined networking solutions.
  • Improved operations management with enhanced visibility into compute and storage capacity, so you can deliver just the right amount of resources where and when they are needed.

These new features come with the one key addition that has always set HPE Helion OpenStack apart: Technical support and training from the people who helped build OpenStack into the powerful enterprise cloud platform it is today.

See how HPE Helion OpenStack 4.0 is the enterprise-grade, open cloud you need to perfectly align your technology with your business goals.

View the press release.

• HPE Cloud
0 Kudos
About the Author

MarkI

I am the Senior Vice President of Engineering at Hewlett Packard Enterprise. I have spent more than 14 years at the VP level for product development in companies ranging from start-ups to global Fortune 500, including Yahoo!, Rackspace Hosting and Spoke Software. My educational background includes a Doctorate in Engineering from the University Florida. My thought leadership is featured in HPE’s Jargon Free Cloud campaign where I discuss cloud industry trends and forecasts with colleagues and other industry experts. Follow me on Twitter @interrante.

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more