Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPE’s Xavier Poisson Bestowed Datacloud Europe's Cloud Leadership Award 2017

Andrea_Shumaker

Today from Monte Carlo, Xavier Poisson Gouyou Beauchamps has won Datacloud Europe’s prestigious “Cloud Leadership Award 2017.” A special “jury’s choice” award, Xavier was selected by over 15 judges, spanning various industry backgrounds, to become this year’s recipient.

Citing leadership around HPE’s growing Cloud28+ initiative, founded by Xavier three years ago, the award corresponds with the community’s worldwide expansion and ongoing efforts to increase enterprise cloud adoption. Having first led HPE’s Cloud and Hybrid IT businesses in Europe, Middle East and Africa, Xavier has since devoted all his energies to promoting new partner business opportunities and increased customer choice through the development of the Cloud28+ community and its business platform in his role as Vice President for Indirect Digital Services at HPE.

“We wanted to recognize Xavier’s vision and role in establishing the Cloud28+ community as a truly open initiative, where the smallest and largest firms and individuals can participate and collaborate to learn, build alliances, cement trust in cloud usage and generate business,” said Richard Hall, Datacloud Awards Judge. “While many have talked about or kicked off initiatives which never gain traction, the judges wished to acknowledge Xavier's contribution to making Cloud28+ a mature, global success where providers, users, governments and academics can meet virtually and collaborate.”

BroadGroup Managing Director Philip Low (right) , Datacloud Event Organizer, congratulates Xavier PoissonBroadGroup Managing Director Philip Low (right) , Datacloud Event Organizer, congratulates Xavier Poisson

Today, the Cloud28+ community contains over 500 partners from across 51 countries, and its worldwide platform hosts hundreds of thought leadership articles and more than 18,000 services from more than 300 data centers.

“We see Cloud28+ as the largest cloud aggregator today,” said William Fellows, Founder and Research Vice President, 451 Research. “That Xavier has been recognized for this Cloud Leadership Award comes as no surprise to me. He continues to be a driving force within the European cloud landscape, as he takes the Cloud28+ concept internationally.”

A long-standing advocate of the channel and community building as a means to propel innovation and economic advantages for all involved, Xavier actively supports initiatives designed to provide customers with better access to online services, as well as the right IT environments to match their business needs.

“I’m thrilled that Xavier has been recognized for his passion and dedication to reinventing and promoting the channel,” said Denzil Samuels, Senior Vice President, Indirect Sales, HPE. “Cloud28+ highlights our focus on equipping both partners and customers with the tools and expertise they need to accelerate competitive advantage in today’s increasingly digital world.”

• HPE Cloud
About the Author

Andrea_Shumaker

I manage communications and enablement activities for Cloud28+. Previously, I was the marketing communications manager for HPE's Hybrid IT group in EMEA. I have a keen interest in community-driven technology innovation. Follow me at @AndreaGarcia31

Events
See posts for dates
Connect Worldwide Events - 2017
Connect Worldwide is Hewlett Packard Enterprise’s largest independent technology user community, and has more than 70,000 global members. Visit this p...
Read more
Each Month in 2017
Software Expert Days - 2017
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts during online Expert Days. Find information here about past, current, and upcoming Expert Da...
Read more