Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Large Does HPE Helion Eucalyptus Scale?

Stephen_Spector

Your success in the cloud is determined by your ability to quickly scale IT resources.

imaegscale.PNG

This means additional assets should be available to ramp up compute, storage and network, when needed. If you experience low latency or slow response times, your organization can easily and swiftly tap into these resources to fix performance issues on the fly.

This is one of the main benefits of implementing HPE Helion Eucalyptus, our open source hybrid cloud software for AWS users. Eucalyptus helps your organization build a private cloud on your own machines. By doing so, you beef up IT resources, bring sensitive apps and data back on premises, and retain the AWS environment familiar to you.

But how large can Eucalyptus scale?

While not the typical use case, Nokia is using Eucalyptus private cloud to manage tens of thousands of cores, trending towards 100,000 total - a tremendous amount of compute and storage. Similiar to Amazon, Nokia's private cloud is actually a collection of smaller "cloud regions"; the largest single region is comprised of more than 2,000 cores. 

Comparatively, many of today’s organizations are managing around 20 to 40 nodes. This is typically enough to offset public cloud assets and prepare the business to scale up as needed.

Still, it’s good to recognize the bandwidth of Eucalyptus private cloud resources. As your organization grows and your cloud requirements change, you have a hybrid cloud infrastructure to adapt along with you.

So the answer to the question, “How large does Eucalyptus scale?” is extremely. Organizations need not worry about implementing the software today, as it’s designed to scale with the ongoing needs of the business.

Try Eucalyptus private cloud software on your machine

Install Eucalyptus FastStart to build your own private cloud. See how you can expand IT resources in your organization.

Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
  • HPE Cloud
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more