Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Innovation for the Cloud – HP Cloud OS on Moonshot

Stephen_Spector

Cloud computing is more than just a software stack running on standard severs; it is a complete paradigm shift in the way IT operates and provides consumable services.  HP innovation in server design has created a new class of hardware infrastructure designed to meet the needs of cloud computing providers, HP Moonshot System

HP Moonshot delivers significant advantages over traditional cloud infrastructure hardware meeting the business needs of the “New Style of IT.” These benefits include:

• 89% less energy*
  • 80% less space*
  • 77% less cost**
  • 97% less complex*

Moonshot is the industry's first software defined server where each cartridge is optimized to support specific classes of workloads.

Building on this server innovation, HP is delivering an OpenStack-based cloud software platform called HP Cloud OS on Moonshot which facilities the rapid deployment and lifecycle management of multi-tier workloads on Moonshot cartridges tailored for each workload.

HP Cloud OS on Moonshort establishes the framework for next generation enterprise cloud computing and ensures your organization is on the cutting edge of the cloud computing revolution, by allowing you to deploy cloud-enabled workloads using OpenStack, the industry leading cloud orchestration platform based open standards.

At the recent HP Discover EMEA event in Barcelona, I was able to record a demonstration of HP Cloud OS on Moonshot:

For more information:

* Based on HP internal analysis of HP Moonshot with ProLiant Moonshot Server Cartridges.
** Based on HP internal estimates of total cost to operate HP Moonshot with ProLiant Moonshot Server Cartridges as compared to traditional servers.

Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
0 Kudos
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
HPE at Worldwide IT Conferences and Events -  2017
Learn about IT conferences and events  where Hewlett Packard Enterprise has a presence
Read more