Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduction to Azure Stack: Power of Azure in your Datacenter

Stephen_Spector

Last week, I introduced a new blog series based on Microsoft Azure and Azure Stack. In this post, I want to focus on what Microsoft Azure Stack is and why this solution is highly anticipated.

What is Azure Stack?

From Microsoft’s site, “Microsoft Azure Stack is a new hybrid cloud platform product that enables your organization to deliver Azure services from your own datacenter to help you achieve more.” Basically, you are able to run Microsoft Azure public cloud within your own datacenter as a private cloud giving you seamless hybrid integration with Microsoft Azure.

Why do I need Azure Stack if I run Apps in Azure?

While the public cloud continues to offer a variety of benefits, many organizations have existing technologies, business-critical data and applications, as well as compliance requirements that prevent the usage of a public cloud. Having an internal Azure Stack private cloud in place to support these services not only meets the current business requirements but also enables for instant leverage of Microsoft Azure should the requirements change over time.

Is Azure Stack an IaaS or PaaS Cloud?

Azure Stack offers enterprise developers the choice of migrating existing applications to the cloud or creating new cloud-ready applications using the cloud APIs made available for Azure Stack. These APIs are standard across both Azure and Azure Stack simplifying the movement of applications from an internal Azure Stack private cloud to an external Azure public cloud.

What role will HPE play with Azure Stack?

Microsoft has selected an exclusive group of vendors to provide integrated systems supporting Microsoft Azure Stack. HPE is one of these three vendors and has already announced support of the Azure Stack Technical Preview on our HPE DL360 Gen9 server.

Can I try Azure Stack with HPE hardware today?

Microsoft Azure Stack Technical Preview is currently available for HPE customers on our HPE DL360 Gen9 server. Get this guide, Implementing Microsoft Azure Stack Technical Preview (Proof-of-Concept), from HPE to implement the Technical Preview today.

Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
0 Kudos
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more