Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduction to Microsoft Azure

Stephen_Spector

zaure.jpg

Customers look to HPE to provide not only the latest in technology innovation but also solutions that capitalize on existing solutions to extend capital investments. With this in mind HPE has partnered with Microsoft to ensure our customers have a direct path to the Microsoft Azure cloud platform. Our long standing partnership with Microsoft provides greater flexibility and functionality in your hybrid cloud environment.

What is Microsoft Azure?

Azure is a cloud computing platform and infrastructure developed by Microsoft for building, deploying, and managing applications and services through a global network of Microsoft-managed data centers (Wikipedia).  It provides PaaS, IaaS services supporting a variety of operating systems including Linux.

What Solutions are Available on Microsoft Azure?

Microsoft provides a variety of solutions running on Azure including E-commerce, big data, SAP, SharePoint, backup and archive, business intelligence, etc.

Can I deploy my solutions on Microsoft Azure?

In addition to provide a variety of pre-built solutions, Microsoft Azure enables developers to provision virtual machines, containers, and APIs for custom cloud development.

What is Microsoft Azure Stack? 

Microsoft Azure Stack is a hybrid cloud platform allowing companies to deliver solutions across a consistent private and public cloud environment, Microsoft Azure. 

In the coming weeks, I will continue this blog series providing more information on the Microsoft Azure cloud platform, HPE’s partnership and solutions for Azure, as well as highlighting the upcoming release of Microsoft Azure Stack.

To learn more about HPE and Microsoft Azure, I encourage to also follow the Converged Data Center Infrastructure blog in our Community. Be sure to also visit with HPE at Microsoft Ignite Sept 26 – 30.

Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
0 Kudos
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more