Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting Needs of IT and Business in the Enterprise with Hybrid Cloud

Stephen_Spector

I read an interesting post from The VAR Guy titled “Transitioning to the Four Cs: Compliance, Capability, and Cost Control” about how business needs in the cloud era are changing how IT departments deliver services. IT departments must look beyond just the technology and now focus on these four Cs: 

• Compliance – Position how cloud meets security and regulatory needs (e.g. HIPAA, PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley)
  • Capability – Shift focus from keeping systems running to ensuring that internal customer requirements are met in terms of functionality, training, and future needs
  • Cost Control – Budgets for IT are not open-ended so it is critical to leverage the various types of cloud solutions to meet the needs in a financially appropriate manner

When meeting with both the IT department and business stakeholders, it is important that everyone understand the value of the 4Cs as well as have answers in place to justify the cloud solution. At HP, we understand the technology and business needs of our customers and provide not just a single cloud solution, but rather a Hybrid Cloud offering with multiple products appropriate for different use cases.

We believe that the road to hybrid starts with private cloud, as explained by our HP Helion CMO, Bobby Patrick

Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
  • HP Cloud
0 Kudos
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more