Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Forrester report on SaaS adoption in Europe

mikeshaw747

Forrester has just released a report on SaaS adoption in Europe (February 7 2012, Software-As-A-Service Adoption In Europe, by Holger Kiske).

For me, the conclusions were:

• SaaS usage will triple in the next three years in Germany, France and the UK.
  • In Germany, security is the main concern regarding the use of SaaS. In France, it is the ability to integrate to existing applications. In the UK, it is evenly matched between security concerns and integration concerns. This is a change. In past, the main concern has always been security. I think that this shift is occurring because as people get closer to actually brining in a SaaS service, their general security concerns diminish and they realize that they are going to need integration with existing systems.
  • Purchasing, CMR and collaboration software are the main SaaS applications in use – although the other SaaS uses like HR, project and portfolio, BI, and F&A are not far behind.  (To use Geoffrey Moore’s terminology – “it’s all the context applications”)
  • The two main reasons for using SaaS are cost reduction and agility. In Germany, cost is the main reason. In France, it is agility.  I find it interesting that “focus resources on more important projects” didn’t score more highly.  It was central IT executives who were polled for this survey. I wonder if, had the same question been asked of the business and of SMB’s, they may have rated “focus resources on more important projects” as a more important reason for adopting SaaS.

I found it a fascinating report. 

Mike Shaw
Director Strategic Marketing

twitter.gif@mike_j_shaw
linkedin.gifMike Shaw

About the Author

mikeshaw747

Mike has been with HPE for 30 years. Half of that time was in research and development, mainly as an architect. The other 15 years has been spent in product management, product marketing, and now, strategic marketing. .

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
HPE at Worldwide IT Conferences and Events -  2017
Learn about IT conferences and events  where Hewlett Packard Enterprise has a presence
Read more