Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenStack® Silicon Valley is Next Week – Lots of HP Helion Activity

Stephen_Spector

Lydia_William2.jpg

As I blogged recently, the HP Helion team is pleased to sponsor the OpenStack® Silicon Valley event on Sept 16 in Mountain View, CA. Here is more information about the HP Helion activities at the event and ways to follow the event remotely should you not happen to be in Mountain View.

On-Site Sessions

9:10 – 9:30 Keynote

Is OpenStack ready for the Enterprise?

Martin Fink, EVP and CTO, HP

Open source won the Internet. And now, open source will win the cloud too, with OpenStack Technology leading the charge. Open source industry veteran, Martin Fink, will talk about why OpenStack is primed for the Enterprise, and how organizations can achieve stability, interoperability, and scalability in in an increasingly complex IT environment.

11:25 – 11:30 Lighting Talk

Bill Franklin, VP OpenStack and Technology Enablement, HP

Agile Deployment Track                Chair: Monty Taylor, HP

2:00 – 2:45 Deployment Approach

Includes Monty Taylor, HP

The first session of this track starts with basic questions about about deployment tooling and the architectural approach to bootstrapping a large-scale datacenter hosting OpenStack clouds. We’ll look at image-based bootstrapping choices like Crowbar (the first open source OpenStack-focused deployment framework) and TripleO (OpenStack on OpenStack). We’ll compare these with and script-based bootstrapping options like Puppet and Chef. If you want to understand the basic differences between these deployment approaches, this session is designed to tell you what you need to know.

The HP Helion team is also hosting a booth all day so be sure to stop by, checkout our latest OpenStack solutions and talk with our developers. Besides having our experts at the booth, we will also have cool SWAG.

Remote Engagement

I am unsure if the talks are being live streamed but will be live tweeting all HP sessions listed above from @hphelioncloud and creating a video recording that will be posted on the HP Helion YouTube page during the day. Please engage with our team via Twitter throughout the day as many of our HP Helion leaders will also be tweeting with the event hashtag, #OpenStackSV.

Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
0 Kudos
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
HPE at Worldwide IT Conferences and Events -  2017
Learn about IT conferences and events  where Hewlett Packard Enterprise has a presence
Read more