Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Podcast: App Transformation and Automation

Stephen_Spector

From the Ireland podcast series Daniel Kingshott provides insight into his experiences with enterprise customers in application transformation and automation process. Daniel discusses the technology changes required to move an application into the cloud as well as the issues with data storage and maintaining state.

Daniel provides his experience in working with operations teams and developer groups to align in the new DevOps model for application success.

Listen Here

DanielK.png

Daniel Kingshott, HP Helion

Dan has worked in IT since 1997 – from a humble beginning in Microsoft technology, Dan was introduced to Linux in 1999 which sparked his interest in the Open Source movement. From there Dan worked for companies like BT and Research in Motion before moving to pure internet companies in 2003. Dan has extensive experience of large volume web applications from Apache and PHP to Java / Tomcat stacks including automation and CICD Processes. Most recently prior to HP Dan worked for one of the world’s largest online travel agencies where in his final position of Director of Platform engineering he oversaw and architected high volume grid computing solutions as well as Public / Private cloud initiatives utilizing OpenStack.

Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
0 Kudos
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Events
Jan 30-31, 2018
Expert Days - 2018
Join us online to talk directly with our HPE experts during online Expert Days. Find information here about past, current, and upcoming Expert Days. P...
Read more
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more