Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Podcast: Big Data Servers for the Cloud

Stephen_Spector

In this podcast, I discuss server solutions from HP built specifically for big data cloud solutions with Joseph George, Director of Big Data Servers and Soutions, HP.

Links mentioned in the podcast:

Podcast: Listen Here

Video of the Podcast with assoicated slides:

JosephGeorge.jpg

Joseph George, Director of Big Data Servers and Solutions, HP

Joseph George is the director of big data servers and solutions at HP, and is responsible for driving a broad range big data solutions across the HP Server portfolio.  He also leads efforts in driving hyperscale server infrastructure as part of HP’s density optimized server business.   Prior to coming to HP, Joseph held key strategy, product management, and technical leadership roles at companies like Dell, BMC Software, and Halliburton, and has served on the OpenStack Foundation board of directors.  Resultantly, Joseph has spent almost 20 years in driving emerging technology solutions in the areas of virtualization, cloud, big data, commercial and open source software, and scale out computing. Joseph holds a bachelor’s degree in electrical and computer engineering, as well as a master’s in business administration (MBA), both from the University of Houston. He’s a tried and true Texan, and currently resides in Houston with his wife and two children.  You can catch Joseph’s thoughts and opinions regularly at the JBGeorge Tech Blog (www.jbgeorge.net) and he can often be found talking tech on Twitter (@jbgeorge).

Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
0 Kudos
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more