Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Podcast: What happened to Utility Computing?

Stephen_Spector

The concept of utility computing is no longer prevalent in our industry as the focus of cloud computing has really changed the way people think about compute services. In this podcast, Todd Lyle, Founder Duncan Cloud Services Brokerage talks about the limitations of cloud and how it has not yet delivered the utility computing ideal.

Todd also provides greater insight into the SMB market adoption of cloud computing and where changes in that market can bring about a true utility computing environment.  

Podcast

Listen HERE

YouTube Video

Guest: Todd Lyle, Founder Duncan Cloud Services Brokerage

In 2007 Lyle launched Duncan Cloud Services Brokerage to participate in the development, implementation and governance of this exciting new utility. At Duncan, Lyle assembled a business and technology savvy team that created “ingenious cloud computing services bundles that focus on affordable and customer-centric solutions.” *

Today Lyle draws on his military and private sector experiences to teach and talk about continuity, operations, security, and best practices when it comes to people using the internet.

Lyle’s years of process development and his various wins and losses have allowed him to become a practical innovator in the realm of technology solutions. In 2013 Todd was encouraged to share “need to know technologies” with the layperson, the result being THE GROUNDING THE CLOUD© leadership series.

*Gartner® Cool Vendor in Cloud Services Brokerages, 2012

Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
  • HPE Cloud
0 Kudos
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more